Thursday, October 16, 2008

12,000 miles in four weeks PT 6 - Jackson Hole

Moving East from Portland I rode into the Big Sky state of Montana. My goal was to get to Jackson Hole, Wyoming by sunset - about 700 miles from Portland. The trip included a stop at the only HD shop in 5 states that had a replacement for a recalled fuel pump housing that was leaving people stranded. They had me in and out in 30 minutes - thanks Yellowstone HD.

A quick run across the street and I was entering Idaho, missed the photo op on the way in. Ok, I'm a little weird with the stuff.


Northern entrance of Yellowstone. About 2 hours away from a late night run in with a Bison.

Made it to JH by midnight...

...time for a huge night on the town! It was Tuesday and it was pretty dead but I still managed to find some Stoli and a cowboy band to kick it with.

Love this place. Been stopping in here since the 90's.

Twang.

More twang.

Stoli induced portrait. 700 miles today was worth a little muscle numbing indulgence.

Elk refuge nearby means plenty of horns to play with. Resisting a very shallow joke here...

JH has some of THE best western art galleries in the world. Here's a little sample of some.






The following morning I could not wait to get outside of town to see the Grand Tetons.

The "famous" Teton barn. This mountain range is so overwhelming when your seeing it in person. I swear a set designer from Hollywood designed and built the range. Of course the French felt the same way about them. So much so that they named them after a very overwhelming part of a womens body (well for some anyway, I'm an ass man myself).



Somewhere in Nebraska...

Would I make it to Davenport dry? Storms coming in from the EAST!? Tune in next time for the exciting (yawn) answer. I swear this was way darker in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love JH. Went out there to scout for a photoshoot a few years ago. Had some awesome, HOT Thai food at a real hole-in-the wall place downtown there. The Tetons are crazy... you drive and drive towards them and never seem to get any closer. Compared to mtns. on the East Coast, the scale is all whacked out.