Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Life with Planes...

Kraut Tiger Moth

My P47 Thunderbolt. That plane was SO fast. It would climb vertical until I could no longer see it, I would kill the throttle throw the stick forward and watch it dive at me. 30 feet from the deck I would mash the throttle and pull back on the stick. The engine would make the most unbelievably sexy growl as shot past me and clawed upward and out of site. Wow I really miss that plane - it now lives in Europe.

Jool's Gee Bee. A handful to get off the ground but once airborne was a smooth flier.

Some time ago a few good friends and I liked to build very expensive, fragile, did I mention expensive, RC fighter/racing planes, then crash them into each other with reckless abandon. Learn more here http://watchthecloudsgoby.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flight Lieutenant Wing Wong reporting for duty Sir.Stop. Pleased to inform you that as of 0:600 hours this morning P-47D 'King9' completed tour of duty. Stop. Awaiting further orders for possible repatriation. Stop. Yours etc.etc.