Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Technique


You don't see Canson renderings like this anymore but in the 6 decades before now you were not worth a hoot as a designer if you couldn't bang out a killer little rendering like this one in a pinch on Canson. Computers are great but something warm does get lost in the technology.
I think Robert Williams (a guess) may have done this one for Roth back in the day. Anybody? Chris from Cali informs me it was penned by Ed Newton who worked for Roth in the way back. Thanks Chris

1 comment:

Chris K said...

Just the other day I was thinking of posting the same cover on my blog. It's by one of my all time favorites, Ed Newton. A true unsung hero. He did most of the best Roth shirts and many of the car concept renderings. Compare it to the CA Choppers t-shirt.