Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daytona Part 4 - Vintage Days at the Speedway

Closing in on my target...

This is the bike my buddy Art Farley rode for the Boozefighters.

Boozefighters pit.



One CLEAN Injun.


Gettin art-c with a Manx.

Look again. Sporty playin turn burner.


Taco and a Trump.



3 wheeled Vincent monster.


Frisco style twin makes the paddock classy.
Beesa's wheeza.



Rosco from the Road Weasels and I just after my hot laps on the high banking (OK maybe I didn't actually get the '39 all the way up the banking but she did do her best). Thanks for the helmet Rosco!

Rosco's well sorted 45.

After leaving Eustis and saying so long to all my new friends it was time for vintage days at the Daytona International Speedway. I spent two days at the races and was stoked the entire time. I mentioned I got the chance to sneak into the lunch break hot laps with many ex-super bike and flat track superstars (sometimes your just in the right place at the right time). I manged to pull 80+mph on most of the track. That still was not enough to let the G's do there thing on the banking. The banking is so steep that I felt like I could drag my hand along it like a surfer feels the wave during a serious tube ride. Bitchin!

No comments: