Monday, September 21, 2009

New Park!

Testing out the capsule.

A new skate park opened just down the road from the zen den. I spent a couple hours there last night with kids a third of my age. "Your as old as my dad!" Talking to friends afterward I was reminded how far we would have traveled (anything within a 4 hour drive was considered a normal day trip) to skate a place as nice as this new one (and it's free!). Now most kids have one just like it in their own backyard. Parks like this will bread some very good skaters, ones possibly with some style due in part to the popularity of deep bowls (this one has a friggin' capsule!), they require loads of flow and a lot of the kids last night understood that. I'm looking forward to skating this one some more.

6 comments:

motoguru. said...

dude, that place looks sick!

Diesel said...

Probably the best one I've seen. No bikes though, it would be totally rip-able on one.

motoguru. said...

Bummer, I could definitely see myself doing some crazy tail whips in there.

LUCKY said...

Glad to see im not the only (old dude) out there, the kids point and laugh at my old boards I bring, then I shred on it and my coolness factor goes up with the kids! Not that I need approvel but ya know!

sleepy said...

How close to the den is it?

Diesel said...

Sleepy, it's in Farmington.