Friday, June 4, 2010

So Long...

I was on the road when I got the word that Dennis passed. It was tough to watch his final days unfold in the tabloids. The man was ICONIC regardless of how you view his personal life. I went to his show at the Harwood Museum in Taos New Mexico last July and was floored by his art. I could never just see the man as the crazy actor again because his art made so much sense. Then I read an interview where he stated that the only reason he acted was to support the creation of his artwork - then it all made sense. I actually bumped into Dennis a couple years back, almost literally, again in Taos, while he was photographing a sculpture in front of a gallery. He looked right into my eyes, then I blinded him with a flash from my camera like a complete idiot. He just smiled. Those of you that visit my other blog know the story. Anyway, I'd just like to say that for some reason the man resonated with me and I sure will miss him.

No comments: