Friday, September 3, 2010

Sturgis PT7 - The Michael Lichter Show
















Part of my duties at FMC is to oversee the design of the Harley-Davidson/Ford trucks. They are created by a small group of extremely talented designers, craftsman and engineers and I'm lucky enough to be able to work with these people each day. One of the perks of the job is the research we do at bike events in order to develop the next generation HD/FMC truck. We spot trends and gather ideas for future trucks (and we get to do a ton of riding as well which is an added bonus). Each year we also reveal the latest designs at Sturgis or Daytona and this year was no exception. But this time the reveal was pretty special in that it took place at The Buffalo Chip on the opening night of Michael Lichter's Eternal Combustion Art/Bike Show. It was cool being able to show the fruit of my creative labor along side the "fruit" of Michael's and all the other builder's being featured at the show. Truly inspiring. To boot, later that night I was also able to see Bob Dylan for the first time with members of the Dearborn crew! I've always wanted to catch Bob in Detroit but our calenders have never jived so I was STOKED to be in the crowd. It's worth mentioning in my opinion he kicked Kid Rock square on his ass.

No comments: