Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Blood



After I posted pics of this bike Slojo piped in and informed me that this bike was a very important one.   Here are Joe's comments...

"That sled is an original Sylvester Roper, I forgot which bike first or last (last), he built bikes from 1867 to 1896 when he died riding his bike to save our motorcycling souls.  Sylvester was on a bicycle race track (on the boards) being laughed at, no one thought his bike would work.  Forty plus miles an hour later (and passing everyone on the track) he wiggled and wobbled then ran off course and died.  Most likely of a heart attack.  He invented the motorcycle and was motorcycling's first causality."

The bike in my pics above is the actual bike Sylvester bought the farm on

More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvester_H._Roper


1 comment:

Ry said...

Great but sad story.
I wore a ZON shirt during filming over the weekend , Thought you would get a kick out of it.